How to Store Necklaces. It’s best to store necklaces individually so that they don’t get tangled (this will also help you spot the one you’re looking for more easily.) If your closet is large enough, consider hanging them from a freestanding holder on an island or shelf.
How do you store bulky necklaces?
Other considerations on how to store necklaces.
- Keep the necklaces in a temperature-controlled space with low humidity. …
- Make sure that your pieces of jewelry don’t touch each other, especially different types of metals. …
- Never keep your necklaces in plastic bags. …
- Store necklaces away from direct sunlight.
How do you keep necklaces from tangling when storing?
To keep them tidy, place each necklace in its own individual sealed bag and zip it up with the clasp hanging out. For added protection, wrap your necklace around a jewelry roll or a rolled-up piece of cloth first to keep it from moving around.
How should you store necklaces?
Fine jewelry should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, and ideally somewhere with low humidity to avoid tarnishing silver. Multi-level jewelry boxes with drawers and dividers are good for storing expensive jewelry and protecting it from dust.
How do you store jewelry for moving?
Packing jewelry step-by-step
- Use a jewelry roll for valuable pieces. …
- Organize small items with a pill case. …
- Thread necklaces through a straw or cardboard roll. …
- Keep items secure and separate with re-sealable kitchen wrap. …
- Hook earrings through buttons or foam. …
- Wrap pieces individually in packing paper or zip-top bags.
Is it OK to store jewelry in plastic bags?
Don’t store jewelry in plastic bags. Some plastics emit vapors that can pit and discolor metal and corrode the surface of pearls and certain other gems.
How do you store necklaces in a drawer?
Separate necklaces with plastic straws for a cheap organizer.
- Lay the necklaces out flat in the drawer. Line the bottom of the drawer with a piece of velvet to keep the necklaces from sliding around.
- Fasten the ends shut so the strands aren’t loose.
How do you pack a necklace without tangling?
How to Pack Necklaces Without Tangling When Traveling – 10 Simple Methods
- 1 – Use a Travel Jewelry Box.
- 2 – Use a Travel Jewelry Roll Organizer.
- 3 – Use a Pill Case Organizer.
- 4 – Use Straws for Necklaces.
- 5 – Use Plastic Wrap for Necklaces.
- 6 – Use Hangers for Larger Statement Necklaces.
- 7 – Use a Washcloth.
How do I keep my necklace from moving?
A common issue with pendant necklaces is when the chain moves and the clasp suddenly sits in the front. This is because the clasp is likely heavier than the chain itself. To prevent this from happening, look for a necklace that has a counterweight on the clasp, or add one yourself.